SANXENXO MUNICIPAL DAY CARE CENTER
The Municipal Day Center Sanxenxo, began its journey on November 10, 2004. It is a center of municipal initiative and whose equipment is intended for the day care of the elderly both the Concello itself, and other bordering, with loss of autonomy physical and / or psychic that residing in their own homes, require a series of care and attention of a personal, therapeutic or social nature.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE SANXENXO DAY CENTER ARE:
- Support the natural network of care for the elderly, the family, to favor the permanence in the socio-family environment and thus avoid institutionalization.
- Facilitate the integration of the elderly in the environment in which they live. Participation in community life is favored and thus, avoid situations of isolation.
- Recovery and / or maintenance of personal autonomy and individual capacities for the development of activities of daily life.
Are users of the center, those people are over 65, and who meet the following requirements:
- To have reduced autonomy for the activities of daily life.
- Do not suffer from infectious or contagious disease, or that requires essential care in a hospital center.
- Depending on the circumstances, the incorporation of people between 60 and 65 years is valued.
SERVICES OF THE DAY CARE CENTER
The General Services provided at the Center are:
- Geriatric Care Service: Daily attention to the user that includes the complete cleaning. Control of medication, support for mobility and travel, etc ...
- Nursing Service: Daily assistance by a nurse. Performs the tasks of administration and control of medication, cures, control of constants ...
- Physiotherapy Service: Activities of physical function development are carried out. Performing group tasks and personalized programs. The treatment plan made to each user is as follows:
- Massage therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Neurological Treatments
- Occupational Therapy Service: Exercises and activities are carried out aimed at recovering and activating the Cognitive part, psychomotricity, dynamics and personal and social rehabilitation. The treatment plan is the following:
- Reality Orientation Therapy
- Plastic Activities
- Cognitive Activities
- Functional Activities
- Sociocultural Animation Service: Activities of animation and physical and cognitive activation are carried out.
- Dining Service: With food and snack service. Breakfast provided for justified reasons. The diets are prepared by a dietitian and supervised jointly with the medical department.
- Adapted Transportation Service: Optional for the user and / or the family. There is a vehicle with an approved lifting platform that allows free access to the interior of the vehicle.
- Laundry Service: Washing, drying and ironing of clothes of those users whose personal and / or social circumstances advise it.
When the Day Center opened its doors, it was an unknown service. There were no references. The families assumed the care of their elders, receiving support and assistance through the Municipal Social Services. At the time of the start-up, there was undoubtedly a great challenge: "To break the social taboo, that the elderly should stay in their homes, taken care of by their families, and that the incorporation into the Geriatric Care Centers, not supposed a feeling of abandonment for both parties. " Today, we can say that this Challenge has been overcome, with our greatest guarantee being the 60 users who attend every day.
To carry out the daily activity of the center, there are 20 professionals, who provide their services.
As of today, we can say that a fertile road has been traveled, which has made the Sanxenxo Day Center a benchmark, not only regional, but also at the level of the whole Galician province and community. Proof of this is the number of visits and calls that the Center receives from those responsible for other concellos, such as Valga, Boiro, Portas, Salvaterra, Cerdedo; as well as training schools in the geriatric field (Center of Cesam Studies) and collaboration with the University of La Coruña, for the development of practices of their students in our Center and research studies. Having a unanimous opinion, both from technicians and politicians, who agree on the idea of good work and good service.
What began as a Novel Project, today is a Reality, constituted by a great family.
Municipal Day Center of Sanxenxo
A Barrosa, Nº8/A
Telephone:- 986 72 79 75 Fax.- 986 72 40 81